Wednesday, June 19, 2013

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

The first day of my adventure and it took until dinner to feel this way. This is my first Euroland trip and I just felt like a tourist in a pretty city that didn't speak the language; until dinner that is. Due to pouring rain and the need to walk most places in the city the dinner plans of my friend and I changed and we went to a big mall around the corner from the hotel (Wakeup Copenhagen) and ended up at The President. What is The President you may ask? Well let me tell you. It's an American Burger place in a Copenhagen mall.
The menu, as you can see, is burgers named after American Presidents. I had the Quincy Adams burger, my friend, the Obama burger. The food was pretty good, much better than I expected, but it was different from burgers and fries at home.
The Lewinksi Split anyone? Hahahahahahaha! So, the first experience of not being served water right away (despite knowing this in advance) made me remember where I was. The next moment came when my friend, eating his burger with a knife and fork saw me eating mine like a "real American" with two hands shoving the burger into my face hole.
"Look at you eating a burger like a real American! I couldn't do that everything would fall of it. You can eat that with your hands and keep it all together like a real American." Yep everyone! It's official...Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment